My English class, from home
HELLO CHILDREN! Hi 4th graders! How are you doing? How are you feeling these days that we have to stay at home? This is your teacher Ester (I am missing you all… sniff sniff). But, come on! Do you like the ENGLISH CORNER BLOG? Are you ready for some English? LET’S GET STARTED!
Weekly plan: 30th March-3rd April 2020
This week we are going to do the following TASKS related to the topic FOOD.
- Watch VIDEO SONGS and VIDEO STORIES to revise FOOD VOCABULARY.
- Complete some CROSSWORDS about FRUIT, VEGETABLES and other FOODS.
- SPECIAL TASK OF THE WEEK: MY MEALS OF THE DAY!
- EXTRA TASKS/ IDEAS:
- Reading a book in English (ask your teacher!)
- Activity Book: page 66, PICTURE DICTIONARY U. 5
- In case you don’t have a PRINTER MACHINE AT HOME. Make a picture dictionary: Draw 15 FOODS and LABEL them. Write the name of the food bellow your drawing. Or if you prefer, you can cut and paste photos of different foods from old magazines!!
- ONLINE GAMES you can play
- BOARD GAMES to print. You can play at home with your family!
LET’S SING IN ENGLISH!
LET’S DO SOME REVISION of FOODS!
Now, that we have been singing and refreshing some vocabulary, we are going to do some WRITING.
Look at GWYN’S activity: MY MEALS OF THE DAY!! And write about your meals of the day: BREAKFAST (in the morning), LUNCH (at midday) and DINNER (in the evening). You DRAW a picture of your BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER or GLUE some photos from MAGAZINES. Or, why no? You can also do this activity using a COMPUTER if you want. Great!
Finally, we are going to do some WORKSHEETS to practise some VOCABULARY! Here you can print your CROSSWORDS OF FOODS (and other activities to download).
A BOARD GAME TO PLAY WITH YOUR FAMILY
INTERACTIVE GAMES: PLAY ONLINE!!
Have a look to this free websites! They are good 😉 …And have fun!
- https://www.baamboozle.com/games CLICK THE NUMBERS, SAY THE WORD AND CHECK IF YOUR ANSWER IS CORRECT. This is the game about Food: BASIC VEGETABLES (https://www.baamboozle.com/game/20132 )
- http://enjoyenglish.free.fr/english/primaire/concentration/index.html DIFFERENT TOPICS FOR YOU TO PRACTISE. CHECK THE FOOD TOPIC GAMES: Pairs and Hangman!
- OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS: ONLINE LEARNING ZONE: https://elt.oup.com/student/oupeprimary/?cc=global&selLanguage=en PRIMARY: ONLINE GAMES FOR 3rd and 4th LEVELS: https://elt.oup.com/student/oupeprimary/gameszone/levels_3_4/?cc=global&selLanguage=en
- BRITISH COUNCIL: LEARN ENGLISH KIDS: https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/es FUN AND GAMES: https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/es/games
- SESAME STREET: GAMES https://www.sesamestreet.org/games
- KOALA TEXT WEBSITE: Different possiblilities: Activities to print, games, songs, videos… Here, the GAMES LINK: http://koalatext.com/public/index.php/lessonsv2/3/13
STORY TIME: Fruit Salad!
STORYTELLING ONLINE K https://www.storylineonline.net/